If you’re shopping for high end headphones, you have really come to the right place. These are one of the most expensive sets of ear bud style headphones I’ve seen, which really made me hesitant to purchase them. I love music, and I’m happy to pay a premium for quality, but I was really worried about whether or not it would be worth it. As you’ll see in this review, I’m glad I bit the bullet and made the purchase.
I’ll start this Bose QuietComfort 20i acoustic noise canceling headphones review by touching on the main features, and giving my thoughts on them.
- Noise Reduction – Most of the time to get any sort of real noise reduction or noise canceling from headphones, you have to go with the full sized over the year options. I was very pleasantly surprised at just how well this feature worked, even with the ear bud design. When turned on you really can’t hear anything but your music.
- Aware Mode – One of the best features of these headphones is the ‘aware mode’ which turns off the noise canceling so that you can hear what is going on around you. This is great for when watching children or at work and you don’t want to completely tune out the world. The sounds are a little distorted (the sounds of the outside world, not the music) but it works really well overall.
- Microphone – The built in microphone makes it easy to take calls if you’re using the headphones on your mobile phone. I’ve only used it a handful of times and it worked really well.
- Lithium-Ion Battery – This was something of an oddity for me when I bought it. You don’t normally see battery packs built into ear bud style headphones. While it was light and long lasting, it can get in the way if you’re trying to work out or even just walk around. Once you find a good position for it there isn’t much of an issue though.
For this price and from a company as well known as Bose you should expect impeccable sound, and that is just what you’ll get. Whether you are listening to classical music or modern R&B the sounds at every level are absolutely stunning. The highs are very clear, as is the midrange. When the bass hits you will forget the fact that you are using ear buds. It actually sounds better than most full sized options, which is very impressive. If you turn on the noise canceling feature you will be immersed in the music with the rest of the world completely tuned out.
What others are saying
Prior to purchasing these headphones I took a lot of time to read through the reviews that other people have written on them. The following are some of the key pros & cons that I read about while doing my research.
- Unbeatable sound quality
- Very comfortable to wear, even for long periods of time
- Durable and long lasting
- The battery pack can be awkward at times
- The ‘aware mode’ makes people’s voices sound odd
Overall, the vast majority of all Bose QuietComfort 20i acoustic noise cancelling headphone reviews that I read was very positive. If you are looking for a high end set of ear buds, you really won’t find many that can outperform the QuietComfort 20i.
Please help share this review if you like it.